Monday, February 20, 2012

Weekend recap!

Happy Monday friends! For all of you at home because you had President's Day off, I hate you am happy for you. After my eventful weekend, I could have used a day off! But alas, I wasn't that lucky. On Friday I was off work at 11:30 so the gals from my carpool and I did a little thrift store shopping and had lunch together. I have to say, I LOVE thrift stores. We found a new one that we really liked. I did pretty good. I bought a purse and hat and only spent $12 total. I thought I had a picture of both on my phone, but I guess I didn't take one. I'll post a picture later this week! 

After an afternoon full of shopping and Chick Fil-A, I met up with the BFF and we went to see The Vow (oh yes, two movie dates with Channing Tatum in one week, I'm a lucky, lucky girl!) ;)
Me and the BFF- it was taken in a dark theater so it's not the best picture.
I'm not a huge chick flick person, but this movie was okay. It was cute, not the best movie I've ever seen, but it was pretty good. If you are a die hard chick flick fan (or just like seeing Channing Tatum with no shirt on), I would recommend seeing it in the theater. If not, I would Red Box it when it comes out on DVD. 

Saturday morning I woke up to rain hitting my window, and I could tell it was a cold and miserable day outside. I finally got my lazy body out of bed about 1:00 (for the record, I was awake about 9ish, I was just sitting in bed watching TV until 1:00). Kohl's had sent me a 30% off coupon, and I felt it would be rude to at least not go by and say hi (this is how shopoholics justify going shopping). And just because I know you are dying to see what I got, here ya go. I actually did pretty good, I only bought three things.
Hooray for new work outfits!
I got home about 4:30 or so and was preparing for an evening of intense DVR watching when a friend of mine called. He had two extra tickets to the Darius Rucker/Lady Antebellum concert that night and wanted to know if a friend and I would like to go with him. I told him no, I would rather be a lazy bum and stay home by myself instead of going to a free concert. I'M KIDDING!! Of course I said yes. He called back a little while later saying he wasn't feeling good, so he actually had three tickets. He dropped the tickets off at my place and my friends Lea, Laura and I went to the AAC for the concert. 
Our view (taken before the show)
Some friends saw on Twitter and Facebook that I was there, so I was able to meet up and say hi to them.
My friend Leaneth was also there!
Got to meet one of my Twitter peeps!
The concert was great. The group Thompson Square opened the show. I only knew a few of their songs, but I thought they did a great job! This is my probably my favorite song of theirs.


I absolutely love Darius Rucker! I think this is the third time I've seen him in concert. I would say that he stole the show and was my favorite part! :)



And yes, he did sing a few Hootie and the Blowfish songs! ;)


Lady Antebellum did NOT disappoint. I had never seen them in concert before and I think they did a fabulous job! :)
Lady Antebellum. Picture stolen graciously borrowed from Lady A's Facebook page.
Love this song!



Sunday afternoon I drove to the other side of the Metroplex for the BFF's jewelry party. It was pretty exciting that I got to hang out with her twice in one weekend (this rarely happens). AND I got to see my sweet god dogs! I got home about 6 and was beyond exhausted. I think I was in bed about 8:30. See why I need another day off to recover?? :)

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!

XOXO!

6 comments:

  1. Love that song! LA is actually one of the few country artists that I like. And yes, it sounds like you do need a day off to recover!! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been singing Need You Now since the concert. LOL. I actually had to download it. Don't get me started! Darius totally stole the show! Thanks again for the invite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I'm sure that was a fun concert!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How freakin lucky to get FREE tickets!!! I am so jealous! I am glad to hear it was so good though because I did buy tickets and will be seeing them in June!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO SO jealous! And just proving my point that you get to do a lot of cool things/get a lot of free tickets! Would love to see Darius and Lady A in concert.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I please live your life? FREE LADY A and Darius Rucker tickets? NOT.EVEN.FAIR!

    ReplyDelete